Friday, August 8, 2014

New Horizons- Beauty and Fashion

I, like a lot of people out there, have always been a person who has many interests. I will say, however, I have not been the type of person who keeps changing my career path or what I want to do with my life. I want to be a wife and mother first and foremost. I have a passion for fitness and helping others reach their health and fitness goals. There's something new brewing though in my life. Recently I have developed a true love for fashion and beauty. Knowing or seeing me you might not think it. Truth of the matter was, I never really knew that much about it. I didn't know how to correctly apply make up or do my hair. At 30 years old I finally started learning. I remember growing up I really didn't know that eye liner went above your lash line, not just on the water line. Seriously. I had no idea what primer was until a couple of years ago, and contouring is just something I discovered two months ago. I really feel kind of pathetic after I look back at this paragraph.
When it comes to clothing, I have always had a love for it and understood how to match items, but never really felt that I put a "WOW" outfit together. Things always seemed to look better on a mannequin or another person than it did me. Thanks to many YouTube channels (i.e. Michelle Phan, Mimi Ikonn, and Teni Panosian) I have finally found what I enjoy learning about (besides fitness!). In the upcoming blogs I will be throwing outfits together, trying new make-up looks, and giving reviews on it all from products, to stores, to everything in between). You can learn with me! I'll also share deals and steals I find!
And just so you know, I am a girl of humble means so all of my looks will be affordable! There will be some Urban Decay and MAC, but there will also be some Elf and Maybelline. There will be some Michael Kors, but there will also be some WalMart!!! Just because I like to work out, doesn't mean I can't do it with painted nails and glittered lipstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment